Call of Expression of Interest for External Expertise in Analysis of healthcare territorial services
Project title: Promoting eHealth in cb Areas by Stimulating local Economies (PHASE)
Location: Tirana, Albania
Application deadline: 14 of September 2020, 16.00 local time
Languages required: English
(date when the selected tenderer is expected to start) October/November, 2020
Expected Duration of Assignment: 20 months
Number of service provider: 1 (one)
eHealth is a strategic sector, highlighted also in the Work Programme. Significant progress still need to be achieved: Puglia and Molise Regions are among the least developed ones with regard to national average, while IPA countries are making limited efforts to align with EU standards, in terms of innovative services organization, using digital platforms and sharing services among citizens.
The development of such sector will be beneficial for the whole area, not only for the improvement of public and private healthcare services, but it can also contribute to boost innovation and competitiveness of MSMEs working in the fields of digital technologies and traditional healthcare services.
The PHASE project aims at
– creating an ecosystem of policies, practices and tools which will act as facilitator of competitiveness of MSMEs in healthcare sector and e-health
– boosting the creation and the development of eHealth digital MSMEs by providing non-financial services
– increasing competences in MSMEs, awareness in public authorities and empowerment in common citizens in CB area about eHealth.
– promoting the CBC among private and public stakeholders through the creation of a transnational network;
– improving the overall health and the quality of life of citizens in the CB area by using information and communication technologies (ICT) to increase self-management of healthcare and diseases To test the project approach, the consortium will develop and implement 3 different pilots, addressing 3 different types of clinical needs from patients:
– Infarct Network, a territorial network of structural nodes and equipped ambulances aiming at a prompt and appropriate clinical intervention in early phases of heart-attack
– Digital platform for management of Integrated Care Pathways with specific reference to Neurodegenerative diseases
– Remote monitoring of chronic patients, increasing capillarity of territorial services.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Union of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Albania will start the tendering procedure for a service contract. UCCIAL will appoint an external expertise for the technical assistance from a technical and financial point of view – Wp T1 “Analysis of healthcare territorial services”. The overall objective of the contract is the implementation of the activities foreseen in the analysis phase, in particular:
Wp T1 “Analysis of healthcare territorial services”
- 1 maps of local SMEs in the health sector,
- 1 report on international eHealth best practices and trends,
- 1 report on territorial healthcare services (one per country),
- 1 report on legal aspects for local SMEs.
The following selection criteria will be applied to tenderers. In the case of tenders submitted by a consortium, these selection criteria will be applied to the consortium as a whole:
- Economic and financial capacity of tenderer (based on item 3 of the tender application form).
- the average annual turnover of the last three years must exceed the amount of Euro 20,000
- Professional capacity of tenderer (based on item 4 of the tender application form)
The reference period which will be taken into account will be the last three years preceding the submission deadline.
- At least 2 members of staff currently work for the tenderer in fields related to this contract.
- At least 2 staff working for the candidate in the fields related to this contract is permanent.
- Technical capacity of tenderer (based on items 5 and 6 of the tender application form)
- The candidate has successfully completed at least one similar contracts with a budget of at least EUR 25,000.00 (the proportion carried out by the candidate will be taken into consideration) in the past three years.
Previous experience which would have led to breach of contract and termination by a Contracting Authority shall not be used as reference. This is also applicable concerning the previous experience of experts required under a fee-based service contract.
An economic operator may, where appropriate and for a particular contract, rely on the capacities of other entities, regardless of the legal nature of the links which it has with them. It must in that case prove to the Contracting Authority that it will have at its disposal the resources necessary for performance of the contract, for example by producing a commitment on the part of those entities to place those resources at its disposal. Such entities, for instance the parent company of the economic operator, must respect the same rules of eligibility – notably that of nationality – and must fulfil the same relevant selection criteria as the economic operator. With regard to technical and professional criteria, an economic operator may only rely on the capacities of other entities where the latter will perform the works or services for which these capacities are required. With regard to economic and financial criteria, the entities upon whose capacity the tenderer relies, become jointly and severally liable for the performance of the contract.
Interested parties should provide the following documentation by email/mail to the attention of
Mrs. Uarda Llazi, Union of Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Albania, Address: Rr. “Kavajes”, no. 6, Tirana, Albania; 14 of September 2020, 16.00 local time.
- Cover letter
- Annex b8o7_tenderform_simp_en, format available from: